Thursday, April 10, 2008

Baby Signs

I have taught all of my babies to use baby signs. This is a video of Connor. I was trying to get him to do all of his signs (eat, more, all done, please)He wasn't being super cooperative, and I have music on in the back ground so it's not the best video.

It really helps with their language skills. Both of my daughters were speaking at age one and could speak in full paragraghs by 18 months.

Cameron is very verbal for his age, I can't credit all of it to signs, he has 2 sisters that talk to him constantly. Signs help with tantrums, baby's can say what they want when they use signs. I usually only teach the signs they will need on a daily basis, like eat, drink, milk, more, all done, please and Thank you, and certain toys they like. We have really enjoyed teaching signs to our babies, it's fun to watch them learn and communicate!

5 comments:

Christin said...

So cute! I'm trying them with Chase, but he just looks at me so far. I have a DVD on reserve at the library that I'm going to try.

Jason and Audrey said...

Grant can sign some things too, but even though we've tried to teach him a lot since he was about 1 year old he's so stubborn he refuses to use any except the bare necessities. He does More, Please, & all done. We love watching "Signing Time" (is that where you learned signs?) The videos are so fun!

Jana and BJ said...

That is great! I can't wait to start teaching Izzy her signs. I think that is such a great tool. see you later!

Connie and Jimbob said...

Cute little corndog...!

Julia M. said...

He is so darling! I love baby signs, and I think they are fabulous for language development. I plan on doing it with my children!