Monday, September 8, 2008

Living On a Prayer.

My kids say some pretty funny things, I don't always write them down or remember them. Today, two of my darling kids said some pretty funny things, I thought I would share them!
Cameron has been having trouble taking naps the last few months, but I try to have a quiet time every day. So I put him in his room today and said he could read his books, but he needed to stay in his room. For all of you who know Cameron, this is a difficult task for him. I have to keep putting him back in his room. At one point I went down to do some laundry, when I came back up, he was laying in the hall with his face in his hands, I went to pick him up and take him back to his room but he looked up at me and said "Wait mom, I'm praying"! I just said, "okay, pray in your room."

We have been having a few problems with complaining in our house for a little while, I have been talking to the girls about it and having FHE lessons about it ( any advice is welcome) any way, today after school I was letting Bailey play with some play-dough. I told her it was time to clean it up and I was preparing my self for a whole bunch of complaining. Instead, she said "Okay" I was so happy that I told her how happy it makes me when she doesn't complain. She went on to say, "I know, because when I complain, it makes you have to go and PRAY in your room." I said, as I was laughing, "it sure does."

8 comments:

The Circus said...

hey leesa! I found you through audrey's blog... what a darling family!

Liz said...

Wow, I need to be better at stopping and saying a prayer when things are going crazy and I'm struggling with my kids. Thanks for the reminder!

This Place is a Disaster! said...

When you r kids complain about FHE, keep doing it at least fot the next 15-20years. Then When they are all growed up and have to make big people decisions they will do the right things! Just di it anyway, complaining or not!

Jason and Audrey said...

Good job Leesa! You are awesome. That is the best when they see you pray. We aren't perfect, but we make a difference, huh?! yay!

Karin said...

I think our kids pick up on a lot more than we think they do. I'm glad it's working.

Mateo said...

"Complaining" at my house is called whining. We have a large sign above the door to the garage that clearly states "Thou Shalt Not Whine!" Or I look at them and say "Would you like some cheese with that whine?" But kids don't do well with my sarcasm so we just have to stay calm and remind them how many blessings they have. Whiny Whinersons.

Jason and Teresa said...

I loved hearing your comments and what your cute kids have to say. You are such a cute mom.

Anonymous said...

You are such a sweet and patient mom, you learned well from your mom!